WHAT IS THE REPLACEMENT PART, APPROXIMATE COST, TIME TO REPLACE FOR THE COMBINATION TURN SIGNAL/BRIGHT LIGHTS/HEADLIGHTS/DRL LEVER AND SWITCH?

2001 Saturn L300 • 11,700 miles

I've got a 2001 L300, with about 117,000 miles on it and would hate to part with it.

Runs great (almost exactly 11 years old), except that the turn signal stalk is now broken. I had a problem for a couple of months with bright lights going on with right or left turn signal. I'd fiddle with the stalk and bright lights would go off. In the last few days, bright lights would go on with headlights and wouldn't turn off easily.

On the way home yesterday, the stalk snapped off near the base in the steering column as I was trying to turn off the bright lights. I've disconnected the battery because lights go on intermittently even in the lever's off position.

They didn't give me a firm price because they haven't seen the car, but the GM dealer thinks a couple hundred for the turn signal assembly plus labor.

I'm looking for a part number for this combination turn signal/bright lights/headlights/DRL lever and switch assembly. (That's my best attempt at a description.) I'm also looking for an approximate cost and time to replace this item. Is this a DIY replacement? Could the solution to the problem be more than this assembly/switch?
Btozog

200 for the part?Thats way too high its a easy install you can do yourself you dont have to remove the steering wheel or anything like that just unsnap the upper steering column cover. Do you have auto headlights?Let me know so I can get you the part number.

Thanks for your help so far. No, not auto headlights, just DRL.

Btozog
Acdelco part number 15251095 and airtex/wells number 1s1957. Www. Rockauto. Com has the airtex/wells for 35.79 and the acdelco one for 21.79. If you need anymore info on changing it let me know. It will cost about 1.2hrs labor to replace it.

Thank you very much. I really like my Saturn and would love to keep it. I will report back.

Btozog
Alright I would change it yourself I can change one of those in less then 5 mins.