"TURBO". SISTER LET CAR RUN OUT OF GAS. CAR STARTS, BUT ENGINE IS CHOKING IN A MINUTE.

2001 SAAB 9-5 • 119,000 miles

My sister almost let car run out of gas. After fill gas, car starts, but after a minute it's chokes, engine shaking like there is no gas. On the speedometer turbo needle pointer jumping up and down (when car starts). Fuel tank looks like doesn't have any pressure. It's SAAB 2001 9.5. Thank you !
Kila13

Almost? Ran out of gas? If it did, you may have damaged the pump as the fuel is a lubricant for the pump.

Fuel tank looks like doent have any pressure? Please explain.

Hi ! Before my sister fill gas, panel showed 6 miles left to run. I think it means car run out of gas already. She put gas. When open fuel tank cap it doesn't make any sound like sh-sh-sh - (vacuum or pressure). Sorry for my english ) I don't know about cars at all. THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING ! GOD BLESS YOU.

Kila13
It is either the pump has failed or the pump picked up junk on the bottom and clogged the injectors.