VAN ENGINE TAPPING!

2001 Renault Kangoo

Hi there this is my fist post, I have a Renault Kangoo 2002 model with 134,760 miles on the clock, its had a knocking sound under the bonnet since I bought it however this only occured when steering around a roundabout ( strangely enough it only knocked if I accelerated round corners) Now I was driving down the a12 going 65mph when suddenyl I heard a very loud Clanking / Ticking noise under the bonnet directly in the engine, now it starts but misfires It can drive however I dont, but as soon as I put my foot on the accelarator it sounds like metal in a washing machine tapping and the engine lets off a smoke coming bach through the air filter ( however I dont think its the exhaust) Ive been told it'll cost more than its worth to fix but im training in mechanics and would like to keep this as a project to fix, any dvice and help would really help me out! Thanks IN Advance.

Tony3978p

You may have a cracked piston, driving it will only destroy the engine, I would be pulling the head to check out the damage.

Mhpautos