WON'T START

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 105,000 miles

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix mileage: 105,000. I just purchased this car from a close friend who says he never had any problems with it. After I drive the car around for a while, it won’t start after I turn the engine off. After an hour or so, it will start with no problem. The engine does crank and all lights and electrical work, but it just wont turn over. Whenever I take it to a mechanic, the car does fine! I’m very frustrated and tired of getting stuck. When I try to start it' it almost for a split second tries to turn over then it just cranks. I think the computer is telling the car not to start for some reason. The car has 25,000 miles on a rebuilt transmission and engine
2CarPros-Archives

Intermittent problems are very hard to diagnose. Your no start problem may be your fuel pump. Try to check it for pressure during the not start problem. Also, check for spark at the spark plugs.

2CarPros-Archives