CHARGING SYSTEM

2001 Pontiac Grand Am • 2.4L 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 220,000 miles

I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2.4L, 4 cylinder car. Had a bad alternator. Replaced alternator and battery. It all worked fine for about 2 days. Then more issues.

It runs fine for about 5-10 minutes. Battery voltage with alternator charging at 14.5 - 14.6 volts. Then the voltage drops to 12.5 and continues to drop. I have checked all the ground points that I could find on the car, no loose terminal connections to the battery, fusible link is intact. Battery checks out good. Fuses are good.

Does anyone know what could possibly be causing my alternator to go from working perfectly to not working at all in 5-10 minutes. Im clearly missing something here. Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Bigfoot1999

It cold be the alternator for one. Secondly the fusible link may be intact but if it is only hanging on by a couple of strands will do that. It cn also be a body module or a fuse so check where pointed out for corrosion on fuses and make sure link is ok. If not then have a pro scan it for abody module problem

Forgot pic sorry