LEAKING WATER LOOKS LIKE FROM ENGINE BUT OTHER MACHANICS SAY MAYBE GASKET OR FREEZ PLUGS CAUSE IT'S SPAY'S WATER PUT ALSO WHEN ENGINE IS ON!

2001 Pontiac Firebird • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 100 miles

I have a 2001 Pontiac convertable enginecsize 3.8 ghangeg my radiator changed the water pump, the engine starts right up. The problem is when I put water in the radiator all the water stars coming out looks Like it's coming from the engine.
One Machanic say's it might be the heads, and then another Machanic told me if it was the heads ur engine would not sound turn on and sound so stong.
It could be ur gasket or freez plugs, cause it also spray's the water out as the engine is on and I'm filling theAi.
radiator with water. Pease help me diagnose the problem! I don't want to have to pay the costly charge of repairing the head gaskets if there not damaged. Thank u.
John Paul