MY CAR WONT START SOMETIMES, IT WILL START THEN STALL. WHATS GOING ON? WHAT DOES THE CODE U1000 MEAN ON THE SNAP ON MODIS?

2001 Oldsmobile Alero • 97,000 miles

Ill go start it and itll just crank over. Then just randomly driving it, it will shut off or rather stall. Then start right up like nothing when you try to start it again. Ive had the battery, starter, and alternator tested. Theyre all perfect. I hooked it up to a snap on modis and 4 codes came up. 1st code u1000 is what worries me. Which means (class 2 data link). I dont know what that means exactly. Then code #2 cam shaft position sensor. (Which I replaced 2 months before all this. It still looks brand new and in working shape.) Could it be wiring to the sensor? Or a faulty sensor? The other 2 codes are emissions and o2 sensor port 2. I already know those. Just worried about the first 2 codes. Help?
Justinpedroia15

The u code is a body control module. This will not effect the engine operation but will with all inside accessories.

The cam sensor code could still be a bad sensor but inspect the wiring carefully. Also, check the fuel pressure especially when it stalls out. It sounds more like a fuel delivery issue than anything.

I also changed the fuel filter today. Could it be fuel pump or ficm? And I installed an amp in my car. My door locks are messed up also. They will lock only if you hold the lock button for like 3 seconds. Or if you lock the doors with the door closed. But it will unlock at any time just by pushing the button. That just started happening. Maybe that could be the u1000 code? I also got a new ignition installed about 2 months ago.

Justinpedroia15
Yes, it could be the fuel pump.

Yes, your amp may have damaged the bcm. Add on items like that are never recommended for these cars as the computers dont like them.

Did you ever get the car fixed? I have the exact same codes, and doing the exact same thing.

Kitrider383