NO OIL PRESSURE

2001 Nissan Altima • 78,000 miles

This car lost oil pressure while driving. I put a gauge on it at the oil pressure switch and had 0 oil pressure. I pulled the oil filter and verified tha there was no oil at all being pumped. I replaced the oil pump assembly and now have oil voulme but still no pressure. I removed the front cover to verify I had the passthru seal correctly installed and making contact with the oilpump output. I removed the oil filter stand and checked for blockage then pressurized the oil galley from the front cover to the oil filter stand and the oil pump assembly there is very low leakdown. Is there an oil pressure regulated located after the oil filter? Or what else could cause this problem?
Geary c

The pressure regulator is only inside the oil pump. If you cannot get any pressure, then somewhere something is worn badly allowing pressure to drop or the pump is not drawing oil.