01 STALLS AT LIGHS AND IN NUTRAL

2001 Mitsubishi Galant • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 200 miles

Hi iv had this problem for awhile now with my 01 galant. It wants to die at stop lights or if I leave it in park/nutral. I brought it to a shop while on vacation (when it realy starting to run bad) and they tested it with ther little code reader. Well the check engin light wasnt on so nothen came up. They said it was a bad battery and changed it I bought the battery a month before that. Yes the battery did get us back and ran good for a day or 2 then same thing dieing. So I went out and got a junkyard altinator and ran ok with the lights flickering so I just went and bought a brand new one which mad it run good for about a month maybe less now its running worse than the first time this happend. I looked around and read some books on engine and electrics wich brought me to think it is a voltage regulator either bad or need ajusting. I need to know if this is whats wrong or is the regulator in the altinator. Theres not much I can think of to be wrong with it please help thanks nick you can also email me at dontwanton@gmail. Com
Niklis10

The computer controls the alternator field generation-have it checked out-