ON OCCASION WHEN I FIRST START UP MY C200K(W203- MODEL) IN THE MORNING IT SEEMS TO START UP WITH A MISFIRE.IT SOMETIMES TURNS ON THE EML.AFTER DRIVING IT FOR +- 5KMS THE MISFIRE DISAPPEARS AND EVERYTHING IS BACK TO NORMAL BUT EML REMAINS ON.WHAT WILL

2001 Mercedes Benz C200 • 245,000 miles

On start up my car would misfire and sometimes turn on the EML. After driving it for +- 5km the misfire disappears but EML stays on. What could be causing this to happen as it does not happen everyday. How do I turn off EML without taking it to the dealer.I need to know what the problem is as the car has a full service history and the service book does not list any faults or electronic repairs.
After driving it for +- 5km the car returns to normal. One would never say that it had being misfiring earlier
Cat

Get a scan done to check for trouble codes. If it is a misfiring code, it could be the spark plugs or related components.