TIMING ALIGNMENT

2001 Lincoln LS • 150,000 miles

I have a 2001 lincoln ls that the secondary tensioners went. I Pulled valve covers and confirmed. I ordered 2 new chains with master links and two new tensioners. I Cut the old chains off without lining up the motor with the special tools. I did not move the cams but this motor has no timing marks. Any idea how to make sure cams are in time with crank?
Nscuro

I need the engine size.

Its a v8. 3.9 I believe.

Nscuro
I was unable to find the info from my sources. However, go to this link and you will find it. Let me know if it helps.

http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/muddyford/2008-11-27_072427_1122.pdf

Thank you I have that diagram. Thats explaining if I was changing master chains as well. I had a secondary chain failure and im not touching the main chains at all. My main timing is still untouched but my timing on the exhaust cams may be off im not sure. From what ive seen and researched there is no timing marks on the cam gears. Should I do it as if I was lining the whole motor up?

Nscuro
That is what I would recommend. I can't believe there are no marks. There may be a special tool or something. Ford has several of those.

Have a good Thanksgiving, and let me know how things go.