LS430 AC PROBLEMS

2001 Lexus LS 430 • V8 2WD Automatic • 1,179,000 miles

What could be the problem with my AC controls? Lexus 2001LS430. Passenger side temp controls stick. If you press down arrow in dual control mode button sticks and setting goes to max cold. Similarly if you press the up arrow you get max heat. Normally I would pop the switch out with a knife and adjust without dual control mode. The other day the top button got pressed and it went to max heat on the passenger side while it was set to 69 on the driver. I then got not get any of the control buttons to do anything. I read that it might help to disconnect the battery sand let the computers reset. After doing that I have no control and the unit is stuck in an off mode so I have no cooling or heating or even just fans to blow air. I've checked all fuses and found no problems. What else can I try?
Dboarder

The problem seems to be from the control panel itself. The switch is sticking internally and when depressed, it remains stuck in whichever position you have set.

Quite likely you need to have the control panel replaced.