MY FACTORY INSTALLED FOG LAMPS DO NOT HAVE POWER. HELP? THE WIPER SWITCH WAS REPLACED AND THE INTERMITTANT DO NOT WORK AND THE WIPERS DO NOT GO BACK DOWN WHEN TURNED OFF. COULD THESE TWO PROBLEMS BE CONNECTED?

2001 Jeep Wrangler • 120,000 miles

The wipers on my Jeep only worked on High and wwould not go back down when turned off. They would stay wherever they were. I have replaced the switch with one for factory installed fog lamps. I have factory installed fog lamps but they do not seem to have power.
Donna Hunter

Okay. You need to check to see if there is power to the switch for the fog lights. Let me know what you find. Next, do the wipers stop in the same wrong position all the time or do they stop anywhere? There is a ground located in behind the left kick panel. Check to make sure it is in good condition. It is directly from the wiper motor. The park circuit runs directly to it. I attached a schematic for you to look at.

Thanks for the info. I will check the ground this weekend. To answer your questions; the wipers will stop at whatever point the switch is turned off and the fog lamps do not have any power. We have checked them with a test light @ the lamp. We will check the switch this weekend also. Any suggestions?

Donna Hunter
Let me know what you find.

I FOUND A DIAGRAM (WITHOUT DAYLIGHT RUNNING LAMPS)---(THAT MAY NOT MATTER)

IF YOU WILL LOOK DOWN THE RIGHT SIDE--LOOKS LIKE THE FOG CIRCUIT STARTS OUT WITH "FUSE 19"--GOES INTO THE SWITCH--GOES TO RELAY--THEN TO THE FOG LIGHTS

IMMA CJ KINDA GUY, I THINK I'M READING THIS DIAGRAM RIGHT

THE RELAY IS IN THE "PDC" (POWER DISTRIBUTION CENTER)

IF YOU SEE A "TWIN" TO IT, YOU MAY BE ABLE TO SWAP THEM...JUST TO TEST OPERATION.....IF THAT MAKES THE FOG LIGHTS WORK...........

I PLUGGED IN "4.0" AS I DID NOT KNOW YOUR JEEPS FULL INFO...THIS IS THE FOG LAMP RELAY

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Relay-Fog-Lamp/2001-Jeep-Wrangler-4WD/_/N-jffmqZ9cj5u?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=FOG+LIGHT+RELAY&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=953394_0_0_

DO THE TEST---BEFORE YOU SPEND YOUR $$$