JAGUAR XK8 ENGINE PROBLEM
2001 Jaguar XK8 • 2WD •
I have a 1998 XK8 the stalls on the HWY every now and then. The strage thing the is the motor & power is still on but car slow down & when i step the gas nothing happen. I pull over put in park and car always starts right up
July 26, 2011.
July 26, 2011.
V8 XJ Series/XK8
1997 MY-ON XK8 Range
1998 MY-ON V8 XJ Series
Driveability Concerns After Repair - Resetting ECM Adaptation
After repairing an engine management problem, the vehicle may still not run properly because the ECM strategy has adapted to an extreme rich or lean limit while attempting to compensate for the previous problem. This bulletin outlines a procedure for resetting the ECM adaptation to a base setting.
ENGINE CONTROL MODULE (ECM) ADAPTATION
To expedite the adaptive learning process for some functions of the ECM, perform the following procedure:
Warning: Perform this procedure with the vehicle on a firm surface (not on a lift) after ensuring that no danger exists to surrounding personnel or property.
Caution: Do not exceed the engine speeds and time durations listed below.
1. Apply the parking brake, and allow the engine to reach normal operating temperature with the selector lever in P.
2. Press the A/C button to turn the climate control off.
3. Apply the service brakes, and move the transmission selector lever to D. Perform steps 4-7 with the brakes applied and the transmission selector lever in D.
4. Allow the engine to idle for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Gradually raise the engine speed to 950 RPM. Hold this speed for 45 seconds.
6. Raise the engine speed to 1200 RPM. Hold this speed for 45 seconds.
7. Raise the engine speed to 1500 RPM. Hold this speed for 30 seconds.
8. Allow the engine to return to idle. Move the selector lever to P and allow the engine to idle for 2 minutes to cool the transmission fluid. Switch off the engine.
Let me know if this helps you out?
Jul 27, 2011.
Jul 27, 2011.
1986 Nissan Stanza, California version. The engine wants to die when stopping. I thought that the lock-up switch for the torque converter was not unlocking. I have installed a used ...
2 answers • 1986 Nissan Sunny • 100,000 miles
1999 Hyundai Elantra mileage: 110,000. This car idles fairly well in neutral or park but very rough in reverse and drive. I just replaced the engine with a used engine and it is doing ...
1 answer • 1999 Hyundai Elantra • 110,000 miles
1988 Chevrolet Astro Van mileage: 247,000. It's time to replace the engine in my 1988 Astro. I bought a 4.3 V6 that has come out of a 1991 S-10. When I dismantled it to get it ready to ...
1 answer • 1988 Chevrolet Astro • 247,000 miles
1990 Toyota Camry mileage: 150,000. 1. The oil warning light is on. 2. There are four quarts of oil in the car. 3. The oil filter is dry. 4. The engine sounds rough. 5. There is noise ...
2 answers • 1990 Toyota Camry • 150,000 miles