ALARM SYSTEM MALFUNCTIONING.

2001 Isuzu Rodeo • 200,000 miles

Apparently before we got the rodeo the driver side door was replaced and everytime you unlock it the alarm goes off. Been looking around and couldnt find much on disableing it. So what I did is just unplugged the horn to the alarm, so at least the alarm doesnt sound and make my nieghbors hate me. But the headlights still flash and everything which doesnt bother me much but still anoying. Just want to see if theres an easy updated fix to this and if having the horn unplugged is going to affect anything. It seems the main car horn thats connected to the stearing wheel still works so im not sure where that horn is but the one I disconnected it on the passenger side nearest to the windshield.

Im not very car repair inclined but I am an electronic tech so I can usually figure stuff out, but mainly use youtube or google to find stuff out about repairing on a car. Lol
Tribbs

If the alarm is not triggered when the passenger side door is unlocked, the problem should lie with the driver door switch. Disabling the alarm siren does not disarm the security system.

Well I figured unplugging the horn doesnt disable it but it keeps the horn alarm from going off. Where is the drivers door switch and how do you dix it?

Tribbs
You would need to remove the door panel to get at it. It is linked to the door key cylinder and since you knows about electrical circuits, it should be easy for you to test the circuit.