2001 Infiniti QX Repair Question
Vehicle will not start @ all..!!
Dash lights were all on& I shut it off& started it again& it did the same thing but drove me home perfectly fine. I went outside again once I made it home& tried to crank it& it only made the clicking sound..could you guys please please help me out that's my only source of transportation! Your help would be greatly appreciated.!! Have a blessed day..also me email is email@example.com if you would like to email me..I am in desperate need of help with the vehicle!!!
The battery is drained. Try a jump start and get the alternator and battery checked.
Thanks very much..I did get a boost& the same thing happened! I don't know if maybe I didn't let it charge enough or what..do you sugest that I let the battery charge a little longer it will start?? I'm really stressing about this vehicle..
If you have DVOM, check the battery voltage. If the battery is bad, charging is not going to work.
Ok..thanks..even if the inside lights come on could the battery still be dead? I'm about to check for the voltage..the battery is reading 12.60..That should be ample enough voltage to start up I believe
Not dead but drained and you have enough current to work the ligths etc but not enough to crank the starter, which requires a high rate of discharge.
12.60 is enough to start but what does it show when you turn the key?
Hi..I truly appreciate your assistance.! I did check the voltage again after I turned the switch on! Voltage went down to 12.29!! I tried to crank it again as well all the vehicle did was give off a click! I'm puzzled!
Battery is not the problem. Give the starter motor some light knocking with a mallet or someting to make it judder and retest.
Hi.. I Couldn't locate the starter for some reason..I'm about to head to a shop& let someone check it out for me..I will be certain to let you know the reason it won't start. It's becoming a headache to me. I do appreciate every input that you gave.
If you follow the battery positive cable, you would come to the starter at the end of it.
Ok.thanks.. I just left a mechanic.he said it's a possibility I have blown heads.! He said that I could take all the spark plugs out& let it dry out,try starting the engine for a minute or& put the spark plugs back in& the vehicle should start..what do you think about that???