INFINITI I30 ENGINE PROBLEM

2001 Infiniti I30 • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 138,155 miles

Infiniti i30 will not idle code comes up p1320 when cleared comes right back on. Coil packs has been changed scanner is saying tdc is set on 1 could the timing belt be off?
Bri051

Welcome to 2carpros

Here is a descriptio of the problem.

Malfunction is detected when ECM does not receive signal from ignition primary circuit during engine cranking or running. Possible causes are: Ignition primary circuit open or shorted.

Defective power transistor (integral with ignition coil).

Defective condenser.

Defective Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor (REF).

CKP sensor (REF) circuit open or shorted.

Thanks for the info but I was wondering if you knowing the car runs aslong as my foot is on the gas pedal would change anything?

Bri051
If the engine is misfiring, the idling speed would be low and that would result in the stalling.

Unless there are no ignition related problems, then it could be due to low idling speed and that can be rectifired by cleaning the throttle body and Idle Solenoid Control valve.

Okay Thanks alot I will let you know if it worked and if I have anymore questions ill be back to ask. Thanks again.

Bri051
You're welcome.

Anytime you have anything, we would be here for you.

Have a nice day.