EMISSION PROBLEM?

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe • 134,000 miles

I have a santa fe 2001, 134000 miles. At first she had problems when filling gas she wouldn't start a few times later she starts and runs good. So I ask and changed the gas filter and then the problem got worst, she would't turn off the engine and when running the engine got to normal temp she starts to have problems like she was running out of fuel (but she has). So I checked the purge valve and the canister. The valve opened and closed fine, but the canister it rattles and I poored out pieces of carbon smelling gas. Which one is it? Any suggestions?
Rodney.irizarry

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first

When change the gas filter I took the pump and put it in container with gas to check on leaks, which I found, just and o ring, and the preasure was fine, is like 30 psi? Without the service engine light will it give a code?

Rodney.irizarry
You don't check a fuel pump like that it has to stay in vehicle. With vacuum connected it should be 37 psi minimum without vacuum connected it should be 46-49 psi.

The problem were two things. The engine clogging was the vapor canister, saturated with gas, and when she didn't turn off the engine was the egr valve was cracked and the pcv the one that's electrical behind the plenum was filled with a carbon film, carburator cleaner sensor safe, and done.

Rodney.irizarry