DRIVER DOOR LOCKED

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe

Okay the car I think is 2001 or 2002 but the driver door won't open. When I hit unlock on the remote all doors unlock then immediately lock again. When this happens every other door opens but not the driver door. Even with the key it will not open and I can feel the lock turn with a key. I'm having to crawl out of the passenger side. I've noticed on the remote when I hit unlock the little red light would flash a lot but didn't unlock the driver side so I replaced the battery inside but still no luck. PLEASE HELP! Thanks.
Angelma1986

The driver door lock is stuck in the locked position and when this occurs, the doors would immediately lock again once it unlocks with the fob.

You would need to remove the door panel ( which is not going to be easy with the door in the closed position, you would have to force the panel off after taking off whatever screws you can find) to check if the door lock actuator or any other components is seized. Disconnecting the actuator or door switch wire might allow you to open the door.

Try pulling on the internal lock knob and opening the door simultaneously.