REPLACING D15 WITH D13 ENGINE

2001 Honda City • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 80,000 miles

Hi guys. Its been a long time I asked u any question and I always respect your recommendations.

i have recently replaced my d13 engine with d15 only the assembly i.E. Block, head, ring piston tappet, timing belt which came with the engine, the previous one had a damaged block.

i hv run it for about 30km and checked while running the engine that the water is all clear in the radiator but is giving a delayed bubble?

secondly what are the pros and cons, the engine is Japanese and slightly used?

thirdly the other problem I am getting so far that the rear bottom mounting is causing too much body vibration during starting the car and while running it as well and my technician has advised me to replace it (will make adjustments or install new one) which he shall do it on monday.

the other things which I have replaced are

complete radiator (new)
transmission oil as it is auto (new)
engine oil (new)
front foundation (new)

fourthly also tell me how much fuel efficiency would be effected with this engine?

all parts are honda genuine parts like radiator and lubricants

please reply soon cuz im in a hurry and very much disturbed by these issues

regards,
kashif (Mr.)
Ahmedkashif

Replace what's causing it to vibrate and try bleeding the cooling system

There should be nothing to worry about. The cooling system needs some running time to bleed itself completely so a little bubble presently is expected.

Don't be surprised if you get better fuel economy with this engine as it is more powerful and provides a better power to weight ratio.

A bad engine mount would cause vibrations and apart from replacing it, there is nothing else you can do about it.