MY CAR IS HAVING TWO PROBLEMS REGARDING STARTING AND SECOND ONE IS RELATED TO ENGINE NOISE!

2001 Honda City • 96,000 miles

Hi there, hope you are good! Sir,
I have bought used Honda city 2001 auto transmission car here in Lahore, Pakistan! My car has a main problem since the day I got it, it freaks out when I start it in the cold state, it takes too long to start or frequently battery dies during the try however many times car just gets start for a sec n than off and vice versa, I have changed my fuel pump, checked my wiring by a technician installed new air cleaner assembly and not only that got my injectors cleaned as well! My car has a CNG installed in it as well so I got my whole CNG kit services as well just two months ago got a new battery as well in short I have spent more than 20000 bucks and still the problem is not solved!
And second issue is just two days ago I got a strange noise in my car's engine and when I got it checked from a mechanic he said the cars crank rings (be-guns)have failed one or two, might be the engine would be over hauled and than pistons would be repaired along-with other things!
But as far as engine is concerned my car is not depleting the Mobil oil and neither is its exhausting smoke (black or white)from silencer somehow near 7500 RPM car do puts some white smoke a Lil amount to exhaust system, now please tell me what to do!
thanks in advance ASAP =)
Wajahat Khalil

Symptoms indicating difficulty in starting in your case is most likely fuel related.

Have the fuel pressure tested. The fuel pump might not be the cause if the pressure is low. If fuel filter is intank, there is a likelyhood it is leaking. Plastic cased filters tends to leak when sealed seams cracks causing pressure leak. Under normal starting conditions, the engine would still take a longer time to fire up.

The other possible cause would be a bad Main relay. This would cause starting and stalling as the relay works intermittently.

I don't know how your mechanic diganosed and confirmed the engine noise is due to bad piston rings. Bad piston rings don't emit noises. You would only have misfiring due to cylinders not working. A compression test would give you some results.

I am not able to comment on the noise problem as the details are not descriptive enough.
When does the noise occur?
Is the noise present all the time?
How does the noise sound like?

Sir I am highly honored on getting your reply, yeah I guess my fuel filter is choked as when the pressure was checked on start condition fuel was going in properly, So pressure is tested many times, I guess it should start normally rather than after the battery dies!C

about the noise it comes usually when I put on the accelerator pedal when engine goes near 3-4000 rpm engine starts growling a sound comes like ghawannnnnn ghaaawwaann sharp sound! It have started just two days ago I got it checked for more than 5 technicians they are diagnosing the same problem but they are not checking it completely checking for the alternatives, Yes it comes all the time but usually comes down when it goes to high gears like when it gets normal on road!
Yes my car gets start n stalling condition many times

Thanks appreciate

Wajahat Khalil
What is the fuel pressure reading that yuou are getting?

Sharp noises is most likely to be from resonance/vibrations and those can be due to loose exhaust shields etc.

Sir, i dont remember the exact figures though i remember when the fuel pipe in engine was unhooked it was spitting petrol pretty well like it was throwing petrol with pressure, moreover on petrol on start condition car pickup is good too, sometimes ON PETROL it do stalls.

The voice is i dont know how to describe.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FEeBwm9qCs&feature=related"
If you can please go to this link the video gives resemblance to sound which is not completely explained by me, Please note the sound :"0:24 onwards" as when he hits the race pedal its very much similar the noise of my car only comes with high acceleration like when cars RPM reaches to 3-4000 RPM.

Wajahat Khalil

Wajahat Khalil
When he pulls the accelerator pedal similar is the case but my sound is not very loud though it can be noticed!
If somehow the crank rings are slipped what kind of indications would that give, and about starting and pressure car puts nill petrol in engine in cold state however once start it creates no trouble at all if we switch it off or start it!

Wajahat Khalil
The noise in the video indicates spun con-rod bearings. Such noise would be more obvious during sudden acceleration and if the noise is only engine rpm related, it would more likely to be from the valve tappets due to excessive clearances.

Bad piston rings would result in poor running, excessive grey smoke from exhaust and the engine would most probably idle very rough.

The difficult starting is definitely fuel pressure related. Get the fuel pressure tested. It could be a leak in the fuel delivery system and if the leak is intank, maybe due to improper installation of the fuel pump, you would not notice any leaks.

Thank you so much sir, have tried noticing the sound once again, sir it do comes in moving state as well, sudden acceleration or moving car to high speed result in high annoying sound like GRRRRRRR gRRRRRR like if something might be out of its place or moving in properly I guess.
About the fuel ill do it tomorrow InshaAllah!
Sir thank you so much for giving me the replies on time, these really means a lot to me

Wajahat Khalil
The sound would be more obvious like GRRR on acceleration, however it doesnot pass on grey smoke n is very smooth during idle state n if on the road the engine works pretty smooth acceleration, sound is very confusing!

Wajahat Khalil
That is noise from the con-rod bearings. Did the engine oil ran very low previously?