SUSPENSION CLUNK, HALFSHAFT?

2001 Ford Taurus • 150,000 miles

There is a cluck/clack coming from the drivers front wheel. A coil spring broke on that wheel and had a quick strut put in. Speed doesn't seem to effect it. I can't replicate it by wiggling or prying on links when the wheels off. Sway bar links seem ok, control arm bushings don't move? The half shaft does have some play both rotating about 12 to 12: 30 in park. Also it seems to slide in and out at the transmission (past the inner joint) where it slides into the transmission (c clip holds it in). There is about 3/8 inch play there. Also the in/out is not where the cv axle gets longer under suspension travel, but past the joint and where it splines into the transmission. Both of those seem to replicate the sound somewhat. I'm thinking the rotational is normal slop in the park lock. The in in out is whats bugging me. Also the motor trans mount you can see from inside the wheel well flexes when pried up, doesn't seem seperated so that's normal right. If you have some input it would be helpful.
Taurus clunk

Look closer at the lower a frame bushings. They are common for wearing out

I checked by prying them and trying to move them side to side, no real movement.

Taurus clunk
Check the sub frame mounts a swell. They are common for rusting out particularly the rear ones.