FORD TAURUS HEATER PROBLEM

2001 Ford Taurus • 160,000 miles

Heater issue. Im not getting any heat from the heater AC works, blower works. Heater lines are both hot. Actuater arm moves with temp setting control, just no hot air. Cant find a vaccuum line diagram to even know if there is one anywhere in the heat system. What can I do to get heat?
Campmedic

When you know that all input/output hoses or pipes have heat and the actuator is working, there's only one thing for sure why you are not getting any heat - and that is, your heater core is "plugged"! This is common to 01 Tauruses that has a 'by-pass' pipe/hose near the heater core throughput. Replacing a heater core usually takes about 4 to 5 hours and its very tedious as it requires removal of the dashboard and cutting a bracket to free-up space for the heater core to come out. However, before engaging in such kind of corrective action, I'd recommend purging the heater core wirh compressed air by going opposite the direction of the coolant liquid to blast out gunk, sludge or rust residues that had accumulated in the core. If you are handy, you can do it yourself. You can watch a lot of YouTube sites on how to do this trick. You may have to devise a valve with two hoses connected at its ends, but this trick works. Good luck!

Ccobile