THE QUESTION ISI WAS DRIVING AND HAD TO MAKE A QUICK BRAKE AND TURN. FOLLOWING THE TURN MY CAR WENT DEAD AND THE ENGINE WOULD NOT TURN OVER. THE CAR WAS RUNNING FINE PRIOR TO THIS EXPERIENCE BUT IT QUICKLY TURN INTO A DILEMMA. I TRIED TO JUMP THE CAR BUT

2001 Ford Ranger • 88,000 miles

As I said previously I am a complete novice but the description I gave earlier is the best I can give with my limited knowledge.
Delicata82

Is it cranking over and will not start? If so do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Have rarely have reason to say a thank-you but I am extremely appreciative I am your response given in the time in which it was given

Delicata82
Start checking and let me know what's up or down with it-