FORD MUSTANG THERMOSTAT PROBLEM

2001 Ford Mustang • 189,000 miles

My car run hot after driving 15 mins when I turn the heat on it turns clod I changed the thermostat and nothing leaking
Mronewhimronewhite

Check the cooling fan operations.

The fan works

Mronewhimronewhite
Do you mean the cooling fan is working when the overheating occurs?
Does coolant spill out of reservoir at this time?

Yes and yes

Mronewhimronewhite
Do anyone know why my car is overheating fans work nothing leaks new thermostat flushed radiator?? I'm tired of spending money to get this problem fixed and it still runs hot after 15 minutes of driving help me please

Mronewhimronewhite
Compare the temperature difference between the upper and lower radiator hose. If there is a vast difference and the air being pulled by the cooling fan is not extremely hot, you have a coolant citculation problem. It could be clogging, a bad water pump or stuck cloded thermostat. Though you have replaced the thermostat, new parts do fail too.

Try removing the thermostat and running engine to see if the overheating still occurs. This might take a longer running time to overheat.

I did take the thermostat and it ran for two he's and it ran hot still

Mronewhimronewhite
The last component in the cooling system likely to cause this would be the water pump. It could have a fault with the impellers which has resulted in poor coolant circulation causing the overheating.

How much will it cost to fix

Mronewhimronewhite
You would have to enquire locally as cost varies according to location and also the type of engine makes a difference in the work required.