IM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY IDLE

2001 Ford Mustang • 155,000 miles

I have a 2001 ford mustang BULLITT. At random times it idles high like 1200 and if im driving it will stay high like 2500 rpm. Ill drop it down with clutch pressure but it will slowly climb back up. I replaced IAC, TPS and cleaned MAF. Some forums sujest tps conector being bad. It goes back to normal as soon as I disconect tps. Sometimes it has trouble starting the first time. N sometimes makes a rattleling sound seems to come from timing cover
Jose080204

Do you have a check engine light coming on? Try cleaning out the throttle body and see what happens-start here before we go any further

I cleaned the throttle body already too. No check engine light. Wish there was so I can have a lead. The weird part is that idle goes back to normal as soon as I disconect the plug on throttle position sensor

Jose080204
Test the TPS- closed and wide open throttle voltages

I took it to a shop and they tested it for me. All checked out good. Runing out of ideas on what to check now

Jose080204
Did you disconnect the battery at anytime if so its probably relearning its idle speed due to memory lost of the computer

Nah I havent disconected the battery. I also hear a whining sound sold of whistling sound coming from engine as I drive dont know if thats related. I may have to go to the pricey ford dealer.

Jose080204
Did you clean out the IACV ports and also the throttle body if not try cleaning it and see what happens-if it continues am afraid you have to see the dealership or a well known reputable shop in the area to further diagnose it- Sorry