2001 Ford Focus • 2.0L 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 150,000 miles

I have a 2001 Ford focus double overhead cam and while fixing the timing belt I noticed that the power steering pump line on the pressure side was leaking pretty good and had a steady drip to it. I got a combo wrench and tightened it up but the line was moving and had a lot of play even when the fitting was tight. So I took it all the way out to look at it, it looked Ok so I put it back on and it still leaked. Now is it suppose to have a ring of some sort or no?

They used a couple of different designs. If there's a double flare on the end, that's where the seal is made and it has to be tight. Check around the lip to be sure there's no cracks in the flare. If the end of the tube is straight with a rolled ring about 1/4" from the end, those need an o-ring to seal, and the tube will usually not be tight. It can swivel unless it has a steel mounting bracket welded to it. Those should have a new o-ring installed each time they're reinstalled. If a new o-ring seals for a week or two, then starts to leak again, it may be a generic o-ring made of rubber that is not compatible with power steering fluid.