WHY IS THERE A CLICKING IN BOTH FUSE BOXES AND TRUCK WON'T START? NO CLICKING WHEN KEY IS IN ...

2001 Ford F-150 • 200,000 miles

Yesterday I gave another truck a battery charge. The boy clicked the cables together causing a spark, and my 2001 F150 shut down. It cranked right back up and got me home fine. This A.M. It will not even turn over. No clicking sound when turning the key, nothing just dead. But when I turn the key off and pull it out the clicking starts in the two boxes (under the dash then under the hood.) I found a burnt fuse that says it's for the Cigar Lighter, Data Link Connector. (Fuse #3)under the dash. I have not opened the Power Distribution Box. Could you tell me what to do now. Or what the problem could be?
Mycycore

I can help you check the starter circuit, to start off. Note diagram below. Check fuses first. Any questions holler.

Any applicable trouble codes, want to know if computer is awake? Use a voltage tester, any voltage at the fuse box?

Its possable he could have burnt the diode in the altentor. Charge you battery and have your charging sys. Checked at any parts stores. Also check that the battery has no draw on it and passes a load test. Thanks for using 2carpros

Cadieman