F150 HEATER/BLEND DOOR

2001 Ford F-150 • V8 4WD Automatic •

My heater is not working on my 2001, Ford F150. I have been told it is probably the blend door. How do I check and change this? Is there anywhere I can find the repair instructions for the blend door?
Obx112

The blend door is located near the heater core in the HVAC system. I have attached pictures for you to view. Removal is a big job that requires partial dash removal. You can check to see if the door is opening and closing properly. (See attached).

Before ripping into that, check to make sure the coolant is full. Also, with the engine hot, running, heater on high, make sure both heater core hoses are hot.

Let me know what you find.

I am not finding the attachment with the pictures. Did you forget the attachment or am I just not looking in the right place? Thank you for your help.

Obx112
Good question. Let me try again.

I'm seeing them attached. Let me know if you receive them.

It took a couple times. It was the wrong file type and wouldn't send. Got it changed.

Yes, I got the pictures this time. Thank you.

Obx112
Not a problem. The file type that it was saved under wouldn't send. I had to change it.