I AM HELPING A FRIEND WORK ON HIS VAN (STRAIGHT 6), VAN IS OVERHEATING, FOUND THE THERMOSTAT BAD AND REPLACED, WITH NO CHANGE. REMOVED THE WATER PUMP AND WHEN LOOKING AT A NEW PUMP IT LOOKS LIKE NO WEAR, MOVES FREELY.OH YES, THE NEW THERMOSTAT IS IN

2001 Ford F-100 • 10,000 miles

I am helping a friend work on his Ford van (straight 6), van is overheating, found the thermostat bad and replaced, with no change. Removed the water pump and when looking at a new pump it looks like no wear, moves freely. Oh yes, the new thermostat is in correctly. Water seems to flow thought the engine and radiator (using a hose) ok. Also, it will plow vapor out the over flow when hot, but indicator does show overheating?

Have any suggestions? Thanks, Joe
Nighthunter

Hows the thermal fan clutch?Does it blow lock a hurricane?Also have you check to see if the fins of the radiator is blocked with sand debris etc?