FORD EXPLORER BATTERY PROBLEM

2001 Ford Explorer • 18,900 miles

A few days ago I tried to start my sport trak and it just quit. It was trying to start but I noticed it was turning over slower than usual. After two attempts it would not do anything not even a click or any other kind of noise. I bought a new battery and still nothing at all. I noticed that the anti theft light blinks faster than before. In the past both brake lights stopped working at the same time. Finally I accidentally discover that when my steering wheel is tilted to a certain position the brake lights don't work. In the past few months the driver side door lock gets stuck and takes several tries to unlock just the driver side. All other doors open normally. I am single, laid off from my job a few weeks ago and don't have a lot of money for auto repairs at this time. I have learned from experience that some people will tell you they know this and they know that and what ever else it takes to get your money. So, I am hoping that you can guide me in the right directions now and tell me what I should next to get this fixed. Been without my truck for a week now.
Teresahostetler

First, does it crank over faster with the new battery?

Was it running when it stopped?

The new battery did absolutly nothing different. Still not starting or even making any kind of noise. No it had not been cranked since the day before and then with no signs of any thing about to go wrong.

Teresahostetler
Does anything come on in the car? Radio, lights horn?

Yes every thing works.

Teresahostetler
You may have a failed starter motor. You need to have someone check for 12 volts to the little wire on the solenoid while you have it in the start position

I just finally found out that my truck needs a PATS module. I cannot afford a new one. Is there not a way to bypass this anti theft feature all together?

Teresahostetler