FORD ESCORT SPARK PROBLEM

2001 Ford Escort

My spark plug wires got chewed through by a mouse. So I need to know how to change the spark plugs and wires. I have search the internet for hours and can't find an answer CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME!

You don't have to replace the spark plugs, just the wires. I don't want to meet the mouse in a dark alley that can chew through a spark plug!

Buy the new set of wires, then match them for length to the old ones. Start with the longest one, for simplicity. Grab the rubber boot around the spark plug and tug on that to remove it. Squeeze the black plastic handles at the other end to allow it to be pulled out of the coil assembly. Push the new wire into the coil tower and the other end onto the spark plug until you feel it click into position. That "click" can be hard to feel. The goal is to be sure the metal terminal inside the rubber boot is fully seated on the spark plug.

Replace each of the other wires the same way. By doing one at a time you will have no chance of mixing them up.