, CODE P0232, WILL NOT START. CLEANED THROTTLE BODY, WITH SPRAY. NOW VEH WILL NOT START.

2001 Ford Escape • 99,999 miles

Was doing some service on veh. Removed mass air flow, replace air cleaner, sprayed mass air flow with proper cleaner, at that time, noticed throttle body dirty. Sprayed throttle body out, reassy parts. Veh will not start, All items are pluged in and tighten. Veh was running ok before this. Put tester on veh, getting code p0232 now, did not have it before. Please help. Thank you len
Biglen40

That code deals with the fuel system circuit. Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you first turn the key? Have you checked fuel pump pressure? I have no idea why that would come up based on what you did. Try switch the fuel pump relay with another one with the same part number. Also, let me know if both fuel and spark are missing to the engine.

Veh will start with starting fluid, found the fuel rail sharder valve, no pressure when key is on. Checked fuses and switched relays, still no pressure.

Biglen40
There is a list of things this code relates to. All of them point to no power to the fuel pump.

Here is what I need you to do. Remove the fuel pump relay from the relay box and disconnect the PCM wiring harness. Check for corrosion on PCM connection. If nothing is found, check the resistance between PCM harness and relay harness. If there is less than 5 ohms, special test equipment is needed to continue the circuit. There is an open circuit on the system. If there is more repair wiring or pins.

Here is a list of possible causes for this code: Open circuit between fuel pump and fuel pump power circuit
Poor fuel pump ground
Fuel pump internal open
Fuel pump secondary circuit shorted.
Fuel pump relay contacts always closed
Open between PCM and fuel pump circuit

I attached wiring schematics for both the 2.0L and the 3.0L. NOTE: The first one is the 2.0

Let me know what you find. Sorry it took long to get back to you. I had to do a lot of reading on this one.