CV JOINT

2001 Dodge Srt-4 • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual •

My brothers 01 dodge srt4- he blew the right inner joint on the half shaft took it apart and (for lack of a better word) the cup that the joint fits in is STUCK notting to get a good bite on to pry on it. Tried to heat it up some no luck
Brian d r

Rebuilding axles is tough. There are allot of things that can go wrong especially on something with a lot of horsepower.
The fact that you can't get it apart would be another reason to just get new axles because it is damaged and will probably be worse if you do get it apart.
If you are looking to save money, go on-line and get a deal on axles and look for A! Cardoen remans or new axles. If you want a good replacement set that wil really last and even withstand some power upgrades, get some Hasport or Drive Shaft shop axles. Yonaka axles are a cheaper performance axle that is a good option too. The Hasports are the best for the money as they are warrantied for a year and cost around $300 a pair. That is the other thing, you should replace both as the other axles is probably weak and took some of the load as the other axle failed, it is probably going to fail anyway. Replace the axle seals as well since you are in there.
Let me know if I can be of further assistance.