THROWN ROD

2001 Dodge Ram • 120,000 miles

I'm wanting to buy my first car, and I just found a car I really like, the only problem is, they say they threw a rod, I don't know much about cars, but this is a 2001 dodge ram v8 magnum, and I dont wamna get the car if I have no chance of fixing it, I'm 16 btw, and I really like this car, but I have not found a single video on how to repair a thrown rod, please help. The rod didn't go threw the engine block either.
Black n white

If it threw a rod, either the engine will need overhauled or replaced. Not a cheap thing to do. Since this is your first car, you may want to look for something that runs well and isn't going to cost so much for gas. You will get around 10 MPG with this truck. Maybe 12 MPG around town if you are really easy on it.

Once again, a lot of work will need to be done. As I mentioned, a new engine or an overhaul if it wasn't damaged internally.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Well he said all I had to to is replace the pistion to the spun rod.

Black n white
That isn't as simple as it sounds. First, chances are the crankshaft has been damaged and will need replaced. You will need to replace all crank bearings. If it needs a new piston, has the cylinder wall been damaged? It's up to you, but if it is that simple, why isn't the seller fixing it to get more money from it? If you were my son or daughter, I wouldn't let you buy it unless you understood that you would be putting a couple grand into it or more.