CLICKING IN STEERING WHEEL

2001 Dodge Ram • 12,000 miles

When on and sitting still in the truck you hear a clicking by the steering wheel under the hood and can feel it in the steering wheel also when turning the wheel while driving, it makes a creaking sound and you can feel it in the steering wheel also. I have found what seems to be oil leaking from by the joint for the 4wd on the passangers front side.
Madman192

Steering wheel under the hood? Please explain and be more specific where the noise is.

When was the last time you had the vehicle greased?

It actually had an expert wax and greese down I think. Also I would they clicking comes from about a foot after the steering rod comes out of the fire wall.

Madman192
When you are sitting there with the truck on it sounds like a clicking and when you turn it jolts wihle clicking and the clicking is not the same all the time.

Madman192
There is a u joint in the steering shaft that may be failing. Have it checked to confirm.