1ST GEAR DELAYS SHIFT BUT THE REST OF THE GEARS SHIFT FINE

2001 Dodge Ram • 127,000 miles

I had the transmission rebuilt a couple years back. When I put it in, I hooked up eveything the way it goes then I go to start it and let it idle in nuetral, then I go put tranny fluid in.I put it in gear then it wouldnt go, then if I rev it up it would engage and then disangage, so I discover a hole in the transimission line and repair it.I go back to put in gear it takes awhile to engage in 1st gear. Once I get it on the road it seems to shift fine.I was told it could be a sensor?Or service the transmission?
the speedo is off by 10 mph
Moparaddict2001

If it delays going into drive, it sounds like there could be a bad o ring allowing fluid pressure to bypass or the low / reverse clutch pack is too loose causing it to take longer to engage. It could also be a partially plugged cooler. You may want to flush that to make sure. As far as electronics, it should kick a check engine light. If it has, have the computer scanned to see if there are any trouble codes related to the transmission.