REPLACED DRIVE SHAFT. WHAT COULD IT BE NOW????

2001 Dodge Durango • 15,600 miles

Replaced drive shaft. Something is still wrong. When backing up and putting in drive it is like everything locks up and doesn't want to go. Sometimes like when slowing down or turning, it will jerk and stop and it will take a few minutes to go. Just started acting like this 4 days ago and that is when the drive shaft (front) went out. It is a 01 durango 4*4 with a 4.7. What could it be now?

Already checked power steering fluid and transmission fluid. They are topped off.

Burdine5725

Sounds like it might be stuck in 4WD. You need to make sure that it is not in 4WD. This is the first thing I would do. That is exactly what it would act like if you were driving on pavement with 4WD engaged.

Promechanic
I agree ck linkage at the trans. See if the 4wd is turning off and on. If no ck the vacuum servo under the hood that controls the hubs.

Cadieman