DODGE DAKOTA ENGINE PROBLEM

2001 Dodge Dakota • 150,000 miles

I was getting the code 601 with the check engine light on my ABS light has been on forever. Bought a new PCM and put it in the Vin number and mileage was not programmed into it and it worked for about a month and now I have the same problem but the car the truck is not going anywhere. The higher the RPM the crappier it was running now it's just not really running it sounds like it's running on three cylinders or five cylinders. Its a V6. What do I do?
Joshcomer

IF U INSTALL A PCM AND IT WORKED FINE.I WOULD TEST THE FUEL PRESSURE FIRST. THEN MAY NEED A NEW PCM.

Cadieman
I Check the fuel pressure it is at 45 PSI Is there anything else I can do

Joshcomer
Po601 is internal pcm failure. U will have to replace it

Cadieman
Is there a way to tell what caused it to fail

Joshcomer
No there isn't sorry

Cadieman
So basically I have to get a new computer and then wait for whatever to cause a problem to go bad again.A quick question if I hit a tiny puddle after it rains and im saying going bout 10mph. The truck seems like it has water in the distributer but I know There's no way that water got up in their what might be the problem?

Joshcomer1
Is there any warrenty on the computer"? Us a hose to spray water on the engine a section at a time. To try to find the problem.U may have bad ing. Wires test them with a test light and check them at the plugs. Did u clear the codes when u replaced the computer?

Cadieman