CRUISE CONTROL

2001 Daewoo Leganza

2001 Daewoo Leganza 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My cruise control light turnes off as soon as I take the car out of park. It will not come back on untill I turn the car off and restart it. Has anyone had this problem?
Robwnelson

I've got the same problem. Did you ever find out what it was? I can't PM you until I have 10 posts, I wish I could contact you.

Quote=" robwnelson" ]Electrical problem

My cruise control light turnes off as soon as I take the car out of park. It will not come back on untill I turn the car off and restart it. Has anyone had this problem?[/Quote]

Msabatos
Start by having the PCM (computer) scanned for trouble codes. Any problem with the transaxle will cause the cruise to shut down. Get back to me with results of scan

Jack42
I scanned the pcm and the only code was P0342 for the camshaft sensor A circut low input. ( Bank 1 or single sensor) I don't think this is the problem? But your the Expert I hope. Thanks for the help. Robert

Robwnelson
Its hard to say, but he PCM may shut down different systems when it cant monitor any one specific part of the system. Take care of that first then proceed

Jack42
The cam sens. Has been replace. Car runs a little better and the light does not come on any more. There are no new codes. Still no cruise. If I put the car into gear without stepping on the brake, the cruise light will stay on while I drive until I touch the brake. But the cruise still sill not work. Is there anything else you think I should check. I allready replaced all switches in the shifter. Robwnelson.

Robwnelson
Which Leganza is it? CDX, SE, SX

Jack42
Mine is the SX. Auto Trans. 4 Wheel anti lock disc brakes.

Robwnelson
Check to see if your brake lights are working. It sounds like the brake switch may be shorted and is causing the cruise to not work.

Jack42
I had allready repalce the brake switch just incase that was doing something. I have 2 other Deawoos in the family that have cruises that work. Once you push the switch on the dash to turn the cruise system on, nothing turns it off till you push that button again. Something is turning the POWER to the system off, not just not letting it engage. Really strange! Robert

Robwnelson
Is there any kind of crash sensor that might be shutting off the cruise? The car had a light hit in the front. Very light. Broken headlights and bumper cover. Robert

Robwnelson