WHAT WOULD CAUSE MY SPEEDOMETER TO GO BELOW ZERO AND GET STUCK THERE?AND HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT FIXING THE PROBLEM. ITS A LTD. V-6 AWD.

2001 Chrysler Town and Country • 118,000 miles

Every once and awhile the speedometer goes all the way past 120 mph and gets stuck below the zero mph pin.
F.capelle

Do you have any codes in the computer?

I checked for codes using a Car Md. No codes just a stuck speedometer.

F.capelle
Something has to be sending a signal to drive the speed all the way up that high. Do you have any aftermarket parts installed inside the van like radio gps etc?

Hmm I do have an auto start installed. Speedo has since reset itself. I just want that to stop happening, its very annoying.

F.capelle
How long has it been doing this and how long have you owned the van?

I bought it on Feb. 17 as is from a used car dealer, it started doing that 4 or 5 days after I bought it. I brought it in to the used car dealer so they could fix it but they told me they couldnt replicate the problem.

F.capelle
It sounds like it could be whats called emi electro magnetic interfernce meaning a power feed wire is too close to signal wire. Look and see if you see any add on wires are running to close to the computer wires coming off the computer etc.