ABS

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe • V8 •

I was driving down the interstate and my car started to stall. I had just enough power to get over to the shoulder. It would start then turn off. Diagnostics said it was the fuel pump. So we changed the fuel pump, now it just wont start. What does the ABS have to do with this?
Jlynn8179

ABS should have nothing to do with it not starting, how did you come to the conclusion it did. If it won't start, it should not be too difficult to find out why. There is no diagnostic that will say it needs a fuel pump, this is done with a process of elimination after determining that you have low/no fuel pressure. Since it won't start, the fuel pressure would have to be verified. If you have fuel pressure, then you should check spark. If you have spark, and fuel pressure, the next check would be that the injectors are being pulsed. One of these elements, if missing, will cause it not to start. If you have injector pulse, fuel pressure, and spark, you could have fouled plugs, or a cam timing concern.

Factoryjack