CHEVROLET TAHOE ENGINE PROBLEM

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe • V8 2WD Automatic • 112,000 miles

The RPM Engine Its Very Low, & Sometimes Comes Zero Causing The Engine Turns Off
But after about a quarter of an hour is improving slightly
Ymalak

Try cleaning out the idle air control valve and see what happens

Here's a little more detail on what Ras is suggesting.

You may have a bad IAC ( idle air control) but try eliminating any vacuum leaks and cleaning the throttle body first. Remove the intake snorkel, have someone hold the throttle wide open for you and scrub the back side of the throttle plate and surrounding bore with an old tooth brush and some carb cleaner. Be sure to spray some into the small holes next to the throttle plate. That should help stabilize the idle. If it still has a problem, replace the IAC.

Wrenchtech
Wrench, I didn't know you're a mind reader like always -Hey I heard in your State the golden egg is worth 10K deniro-is it or just rumor at its best

I love short and simple, till it gets complicated then I'll attack aggressively and to the point-BTW You're right I take my sweet precious coconut time-lol bye for now have a happy easter day-Aloha

I understand Easter is already over where you are but happy belated Easter to you buddy. It's just starting here.

Wrenchtech
Happy Easter, Mr. Ymalak were waiting for your response-let us know what you find out so that we can continue to assist you in this matter-

Wrench-Don't forget to go to church that's if you do go and tell the man something nice about me before I leave this planet. TY