BRAKE LIGHTS

2001 Chevrolet Silverado • V8 4WD Automatic • 54,560 miles

Trouble with no brake light power at 7 pin connector turn signals work fine as does truck (no bad fuses) 2001 chevy silverado hd 2500 8.1 ltr
Jbigelow007

Does your truck have a pushrod that actuates the b rake switch at the pedal?

Check it to make sure the retaining clip is not loose or missing. Also check to see if the electrical connectrions have not come loose and that the switch is getting actuated with th epedal being pressed.

Let me know if that helps.

Truck does have a pushrod, tested brake light switch does function when peddle is pushed "Thanks Jeff"

Jbigelow007
Here is a schematic of the exterior lights.

Check the Orange wire at brake switch, on top of brake pedal for battery voltage. If voltage is available, use a jumper wire to bridge the Orange and White wire. If brake lights come on, the switch is bad or out of adjustment.

The truck has functioning lights, when I plug in 7pin harness to my trailer I have running lights, turning signals, backup lights, power to my electric brakes but no stop lights on trailer> Please help Jeff

Jbigelow007
Do you mean only the trailer stop lights are not working?
Are the brake lights on vehicle body working correctly?

The CHMSL fuse (10A) is for the brake lights. If battery voltage is not available athe trailer connector, check the CHMSL fuse. Use a test lamp to test both ends of the fuse. If voltage is available and none found at trailer connector (Light Blue wire), you have an open circuit between the fuse and trailer connector.

Thank you KHLow2008 will try to test that circuit (fuse is good)will advise thanks again. Jeff

Jbigelow007
You're welcome.

Sorry it took me so long as I misunderstood your question.

Have a nice day.