RPM ISSUE

2001 Chevrolet S-10 • 13,000 miles

I have a 2001 chevy s10 4.3 v6 when im driving it at a slight incline the motor seems to rev up and down very fast and if I barely tap the brakes it goes away what could be the issue?
Alfredm8702

Likely to be a fault with the idle control. Check the IAC and throttle body for dirt accumulation.

Ill try that someone said that the brake switch had something to do with it cause it somehow controls the torque converter lock up or something does that sound right? Or just plain dumb?

Alfredm8702
It is possible but it is best to start with the basics and easiest to get done first. After all cleaning up dirt accummulations can only do you good.

Ensure the coolant level is correct, the cooling system plays a part in engine idling condition as well.

If the MIL (Check engine light ) is indicating, retrieve the trouble codes.

I agree with KHLow2008, Most likely will be in the throttle control unit.. Sometime even when you clean it it will not work correctly and have to get another one.

M_H_RITZEL