WHERE IS THE SHIFT SOLENOID 1-2 LOCATED ON A CHEVY ?

2001 Chevrolet Impala • 143 miles

My check engine light is on with 2 codes.P0751 and P0751 with a pd. I went to a specialist and they read the code and said it was the shift solenoid. Is this something I can do on my own? The tranny specialist also says I should put a new tranny in and not the solenoid. I just bought this car 3 month ago and the guy I bought the car from said he already replaced the tranny with 78xxx miles on the car. When bought the car it shifted fine, then one day one minute the check engine light is on and 1st isnt working to about 3 weeks later it does not shift at all. Also the car does not go even when you hit on the gas there is no power, and horrible on gas(was good on gas when I got it)is this also from the 1-2 soleniod?
Handymansplan

How's the transmission fluid level and condition-if okay -check the exhaust system for restriction-start here if okay -have the transmission pressure tested-The shift solenids are contained within the tranny valve body-