BRAKE TROUBLES

2001 Chevrolet Impala • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic •

When applying brakes car has a dribbling effect with the front passengers tire, I believe this is due to a faulty caliper. Is this correct?Vehicle is 2001 chevy impala v6 w/abs
Mopar318

What do you mean by "dribbling effect"? The brake pedal pulsates up and down? The car vibrates? Do you feel it at all speeds?

Im not sure that pedal pulsates. And the car does not vibrate as far as vibration from a bad bearing or ball joint. The car has had front hub assymbly replacement tie rods and ball joints replaced and alignment done on it. It feels as the front passengers side tire bounces when applying brakes more noticeable at higher speeds and steering also pulls to right side when it does it then when taking back off it will do it shortly til it feels as if it releases

Mopar318
All those symptoms taken together suggest a worn lower control arm bushing allowing the alignment to change. That would make an intermittent pull to one side when braking or accelerating. A similar symptom can occur from a tire pull which can also cause a vibration. Don't overlook something as simple as a warped brake rotor.

GM also has had a huge problem with abs wheel speed sensors that are built into the front wheel bearings. The bearings develop a little play, which is normal, but it's enough to cause dropouts in the speed signals and make the computer think that wheel stopped rotating. You will feel that as a buzzing in the brake pedal, and possibly the entire car, but only when braking, not when just cruising.

Thank you for the much needed advise. Hopefully god willing I will have the results for you by the weekend. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions this is by far the best site I have come acrossed. The response time was amasing.

Mopar318