CAR WILL RUN FINE TILL YOU SHUT IT OFF AND WHEN YOU GO TO START IT BACK IT'LL JUST CRANK TILL IT SETS A WHILE

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier • 150,000 miles

Like I said it will run fine for a month or two or three and then all of a sudden you shut it off to go into the store and come back out and it'll just crank and after a while it'll start back

Did you try holding pedal down some/all?

Fixitmr
Yes, it will just crank and then in a little while it'll start and then it may not do it again for a couple of months.

You will need to see what your loosing spark or fuel @ the time of the no start

Djcl
Could it possibly be a fuel pump and just do that every couple of months. I've been told that and several other things.

Yes it could be a fuel pump. It could have a bad spot in the motor. When the pump lands on it it has trouble turning. When this happens try taping under the fuel tank to see if you can get the pump to move off that spot. Do thid while some one is cranking the engine

Djcl