FUEL PUMP

2001 Chevrolet Blazer • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 204,000 miles

Why can't get any power to my fuel pump?I have changed the relay an checked all that I can.I I get power to the fuse block, but no power from there to fuel pump. Please help. Thanks joyfixer
Joyfixer

You have to check wiring circuits at relay. Note diagram. Can you hear the pump turn on, key on engine off? At the fuel pump, engine cranking, gray wire is voltage, solid black wire is ground.

Ground wires were notorious for these models at the frame rail near rear bumper. Make sure the ground is against good clean metal. Get under the car and follow the harness coming from fuel pump and follow the ground wire indicated by JDL, this will hit frame at some point, you really want the best ground from tank to chassis, I have seen many GM pumps changed for ground reasons, also many pump fried due to bad ground and burnt pump.

Nickb275
Figure 6 is fuel pump ground conection # C402. Look at the #6 in figure on the frame. This is a ground which usually causes problems. Not saying this is 100% your problem, but should not be overlooked.

Nickb275
Thanks nick 275 and JDL, still working on it, replaced or made new ground.

Joyfixer
Let us know what you find.