CAMSHAFT SENSOR

2001 Chevrolet Blazer • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 204,000 miles

How does a person check a cam position sensor?
Joyfixer

I'd start by checking ref voltage--ground--signal at the sensor. Any applicable trouble codes? What makes you think there is a problem with cam sensor?

When I changed the distributor I forgot to plug in the electrical plug going to the distributor. My car started with a miss. Then remembering I did'nt plug it, I then pluged it in, and ther ws no difference in the way it ran, it still missed.

Joyfixer
Terminal c should be 12 volts, key on.
Terminal A is ground.
Terminal B is signal, dc pulse, on and off.

Thanks JDL I will check volts and let you know the results. By the way I got codes P0200 & P341. Thanks again

Joyfixer
The po341 is for your cam sensor. Was the vehicle missing, before you worked on the distributor?

The po200, says the computer didn't see correct voltage on command line. The command line is a ground. You could have an injector issue?

Yes JDL that is what I was told, hopefully I dont have to go there. Thank again, you have been most helpfull.

Joyfixer
Let us know what you find.

JDL Problem solved, changed the cam sensor, don't have the miss I had before, have a slight miss but thats due to a plug wire or vacuum hose. Thank you all again so much. Joyfixer

Joyfixer
Glad you got it going your way.

Are you getting a P1345 code at all.

Wrenchtech
Page 1 of 2